Create an infographic with a minimum time of 40 seconds.
I chose to do my infographic on Be the match; an organization that educates, tests, and matches donors to patients who need bone marrow transplants.
- There are over 70 diseases that can be treated by BMT.
- Every 4 minutes in the us someone is diagnosed with a type of blood cancer.
- Bone marrow transplant is a life saving treatment for people with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma and other diseases like Sickle Cell Anemia.
- 70% of patients do not have a donor in their family and depend on the be the match registry to find and unrelated bone marrow donor.
- About 1 in 430 members on the registry in the united states will go on to donate bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cells (Pbsc) to a patient.
- Doctors request donors in the 18-44 age group 86% of the time, because research shows cells from younger donors lead to more successful transplants.
- only 1 to 5% or less of marrow is needed.
- Donors never pay to donate
- We reimburse travel costs and may reimburse other costs on a case to case basis.
- All medical costs for the donation procedure are covered by be the match or by the patients medical insurance.
- The typical time commitment of a donor is 20-30 hours spread out over 4-6 weeks.
For this project I will utilize the blue and green color palette to match the organization. Vector graphics will be created in illustrator and brought into after effects to be animated. ideally I will make use of z space in some way. the goal of this piece is not only to inform the audience of bone marrow donation but also to inspire the audience to join the registry.
Script - Recorded by Preston Sullivan
Did you know there are over 70 diseases that can be treated by bone marrow transplant?
and 70% of these patients depend on the be the match registry to find an unrelated bone marrow donor.
If you have ever donated blood or gotten a tattoo, have you ever thought of becoming a bone marrow donor;
it's not as intense as you might think.
- The typical time commitment is 20-30 hours spread out over a four -to-six- week period.
- Donors never pay to donate.
- The procedure will be done under anesthesia so you wont even be awake.
- Only 1 to 5% or less of your marrow is needed to save the patients life, so your immune system stays strong.
- Donors should expect to return to work, school, and most other activities within 1 to 7 days, and a full recovery after 4 to 6 weeks
Every person who joins the registry gives patients hope, and new patient searches begin every day
You may never be identified as a match for someone, or you might be one of a number of potential matches.
but you may also be the only one on the registry who can save a particular patients life.
Rough Style Frames